Qlik have announced the release of Application Automation in Qlik Sense SaaS. Resulting from the recent acquisition of Blendr.io, Qlik Application Automation is a no-code solution designed to trigger action from context-aware insights through streamlined workflows between SaaS applications and Qlik Cloud. This cuts down the time needed for programming of repetitive back-office tasks and gives more time back to teams to deliver compelling real-time analytics.
What is Application Automation?
Application Automation by Qlik makes it possible to create seamless automated workflows directly on the Qlik Sense SaaS platform. Building the automations is a simple drag and drop experience making it accessible to all developers.
You can create a new Application Automation by clicking the Add New button in the top right of the platform. This capability is available at no extra cost for all Qlik Sense SaaS enterprise customers with the only limit of 5000 runs per tenant, per month. You can then start creating workflows from Qlik with over 30 cloud platforms details below.
The interface is a simple drag and drop UI where tasks can be added and strung together into a workflow. Data can be passed down the chain and passed as inputs into other blocks. The tasks can be triggered manually, on a schedule, via an API request or from an action such as ‘a new user has been added’.
Qlik Application Automation cuts down the time needed for programming of repetitive back-office tasks and gives more time back to teams to deliver compelling real-time analytics with:
- Dynamic automation triggers – use webhooks to activate flows from events, or schedule automations to execute at specific times
- No-code user interface (UI) – drag and drop to accelerate flow development
- Smart connectivity and blocks – connect to SaaS applications without the need to technically understand an application’s low-level API
- Native Qlik Cloud integration – automate your analytics DevOps processes
- Central management and robust runtime – manage and monitor the execution of your automations via Qlik Cloud